The programme for the IBMT’s 2018 AGM weekend in Hull from Friday 12 to Sunday 14 October has been finalised and is published below. IBMT members will be hosted in the city by the Hull International Brigades Memorial Group. The AGM itself takes place on Saturday 13 October in The Guildhall, 39 Alfred Gelder Street, HU1 2AG. A formal notice and agenda for the AGM will be published in due course. A highlight of the AGM weekend will be the unveiling on the Saturday of a new memorial by Dan Jones outside The Guildhall.
Friday 12 October
– 6.30pm: Welcome with fish and chip supper at the Unison Office, next to The Guildhall.
– 7.30pm: Joe Solo performs ‘¡No Pasarán!’ and historian Phyll Smith talks about ‘Tom Wintringham: The Last English Revolutionary’ at St Mary’s Church, Lowgate, HU1 1EJ – very close to The Guildhall.
Saturday 13 October
- 11am opening of SCW exhibition at Hull school of Art and Design.
- 2pm-4pm: IBMT AGM in the Reception Room of The Guildhall.
-4.30pm-5.30pm: IBMT Executive Committee meeting.
- 4.30pm-6pm: Special viewing of the film of the show ‘Ocho’ in the Reception Room, The Guildhall. Members will be joined by approximately 50 young people, invited by Unite Community Branch Hull, who will join us for the evening.
- 6.30pm: Evening social with buffet in the Banqueting Hall, The Guildhall. Entertainment includes Neil Gore performing excerpts from ‘The Ragged Trousered Philanthropists’ and some of his other shows; followed by music. Charge bar open until late.
Inclusive tickets for film, social and buffet will be on sale on the day.
Hull Guildhall, venue for the AGM and other Saturday events.
Sunday 14 October
– 10am-11.30am: Radical walk of Hull city centre conducted by award-winning tour guide and historian Paul Schofield. Includes description of Corporation Fields – where the people of Hull saw off Sir Oswald Mosley and his fascist Blackshirts in July 1936.
All venues are within a 10-minute walk of each other. City centre hotels are within 20 minutes. Many of Hull’s museums and art galleries, including Wilberforce House, are in the immediate vicinity of the AGM locations.
Hotels within easy walking (15 minutes or less) of the venues:
The Royal Hotel
ibis Hull City Centre
Holiday Inn Express
Double Tree by Hilton Hull
Travellodge Hull Central
Kingston Theatre Hotel.
A PDF flier of this programme can be downloaded here: IBMT_AGM2018_programme_F3s.pdf
Posted on 19 July 2018.